Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) is an SDK for developing and deploying services on Windows and it is a programming platform and runtime system for building, configuring and deploying network-distributed services. ASP.NET WCF Development provides a runtime environment for your services, enabling you to expose CLR types as services, and to consume other services as CLR types.
WCF is meant for designing and deploying distributed applications under service-oriented architecture (SOA) implementation. We are providing excellent service in ASP.NET WCF Development which allows for .NET Development framework class library to develop the Web Services accordingly to client’s requirement.
The benefits of using the ASP.NET WCF relative to ASP.NET Web Services:
- ASP.NET WCF Development made of a lot of different components, so you can create new components for security, transport, authentication
- In ASP.NET WCF Development, there is no need to make much change in code for implementing the security model and changing the binding. Small changes in the configuration will make your requirements
- It’s faster than ASMX and Supports Scaling/Load Balancing
- WCF has integrated logging mechanism, changing the configuration file settings will provide this functionality. In other technology developer has to write the code
- It’s Interoperability, for java, and more
- WCF is interoperable with other services when compared to .NET Remoting, where the client and service have to be .NET
- WCF services provide better reliability and security in compared to ASMX web services
- We can easily Migrate ASP.NET Web Services to Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) which permits web applications to take advantage of new features and improvements of WCF
- On other side ASP.NET tools are only creating for Web services, WCF gives tools that can be used when software entities must be create to communicate with each another
- WCF Development is very cost-effective & enable cross platform service
Few Services in which WCF is best suited:
- A secure method to process business transactions.
- A method that supplies current data to others, such as a traffic report or other monitoring service.
- A chat service that allows two people to communicate or exchange data in real time.
- A dashboard application that polls one or more services for data and presents it in a logical presentation.
- A Silverlight application to poll a service for the latest data feeds.